Your oral health is important not only for maintaining your teeth and smile, it also plays a pivotal role in maintaining your overall health. Dealing with infection control is nothing new to dentists. Starting back in the 1980’s during the AIDS outbreak dentist started instituting infection control guidelines in their offices. The use of gloves, masks, and eye protection (PPE) became the standard operating procedure.
Dentists and hygienists have a lower infection rate the other healthcare workers
Now we are faced with a new virus and additional measures to make sure our patients and staff stay safe. The latest studies have shown that these safety precautions taken in the dental office are effective:
- Our staff is now vaccinated!
- PPE is worn by every member of the staff at all times, not only while treating patients.
- We continue to monitor temperatures and physical condition of everyone in the office.
- Additional time is scheduled to allow for added disinfection between patients. Each room is wiped down with a disinfectant the kills the Covid-19 virus.
- Every operatory has its own Hepa air filter that cleans the air every 15 minutes.
We follow all the recommendations from the CDC with regards to office protocol. Only when these steps are followed will treatment be rendered:
- All patients are screened on the phone prior to their appointments.
- Our waiting room remains closed.
- Patients are required to wear masks as they enter and exit the office individually so as to limit contact between patients.
- Upon entering the office temperature screening is done and hand disinfectant is supplied. Then a Covid screening is again reviewed.
We try to make visiting the dentist not only safe, but as comfortable as possible. We look forward to seeing you soon!